Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Importance of Tailoring...

...is not being demonstrated by my ensemble today! You may not be able to tell from the pic (because I very carefully posed to make things look fine), but I've got a serious case of the droopy drawers today! Yikes!!!! I usually don't have this issue, as my caboose is ample enough to fill out my pants most days, but these are somehow not working! I am very consistently one size at the stores and brands I shop most frequently, and today shows one of the few exceptions! I love these cropped pants from Old Navy!!! LOVE them, but the size that I am in every other bottom in the store, gives me droopy drawers in these pants. And no, I haven't recently lost weight. I did however, buy these online without trying them on and kinda ignored how loose they were on my first wear. They only got worse this time. This is a bummer and sometimes an issue with the discount stores. I have been lucky enough to not really have this issue very often with Old Navy, Target, Kohl's etc. And you all know that I LOVE me some bargain stores. Keep this in mind when shopping- in any store- but especially in the bargain stores. Sometimes due to the slightly lower quality and mass production, the sizes can really vary from one item to the next. I do not fault Old Navy (in fact I love them for making me a size 2 again!) but a lesson to myself, that even a well known and beloved store can trip me up on sizes every now and then. I am going to do a big clothing care "no-no" and put these in the dryer tonight to see if I can get a few more wears out of them without looking like I didn't quite make it to the bathroom. ;-) I'll wear them again before it gets too cool to show the results (if I don't shrink them down to Barbie doll size). Back up plan may be to try and get them altered...although, altering can be pricey and if that cost will be more than what I paid for these, I may just pass.



Necklace detail
Ring detail-I know I know...I need a mani! :-(


















Today's ensemble:
Pants- Old Navy
Shoes- Nine West
Top- Old Navy
Jacket- Kohl's
Earrings- Forever 21
Ring- Kohl's 
Necklace- Kohl's-Daisy Fuentes


Until tomorrow...
J

No comments: