Thursday, February 21, 2013

Menswear?


What do you consider to be menswear? Anything that isn't girly and frilly that a man could feasibly get away with? A three piece suit? To me, menswear is less of that form fitting feminine look that I usually go for and a little more sporty and loose. I wasn't really thinking of menswear this morning, but when I put on these trousers (even that word evokes menswear to me), and a little less fitted sweater (although it has strands of sparkly thread throughout), I felt a little more relaxed and masculine than I might have in my usual winter work uniform of slacks and a fitted top/sweater combo. I'm pretty sure that nothing that I am wearing would ever be worn by most men, but it gives me a little bit of a different vibe. Fashion is all about perception. My husband's favorite fashion quote (that has given me much confidence in the face of an unsure choice about an outfit) is...it's not what you wear, but how you rock it! I LOVE that piece of fashion wisdom! Today and everyday, I'm going to work on "rockin'" my choices even if they aren't what I may have intended when I chose them! Rock it girls!!

Today's ensemble:
Trousers ;-): H & M
Sweater- LC by Lauren Conrad
Shoes- Boutique 9 (repeat)
Earrings- Stella & Dot




Until tomorrow lovlies...
J


Pin It

3 comments:

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Just found you through Hubby Jack! Love those earrings!!
walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

Jessy Mack said...

Hi Laura!! Isn't he the best?! He gave my blog a great facelift! :) Love the title of your blog- can't wait to come check you out. Thanks for the support!!!

Anonymous said...

great outfit!! Earrings are the best! "rock on"!!