Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Wear

Since I had a fabulously full weekend of fun (don't cha just love alliteration?!), I didn't take the time to get online to post my weekend ensembles. They were posted on FB so that I was kept accountable, but I figured I could wait until today to post on here. I have to say, the one thing that I didn't really anticipate with the scarf challenge is the fact that I enjoy pairing scarves with my more casual outfits way more than my work outfits. I don't know, they just seem to "go" better. I enjoyed putting together my Sat and Sun ensembles since I wore jeans both days. I find this comical since scarves used to be a part of a working woman's staple back in the day (think Mad Men). However, they really have come back with a gusto but in a different way. Scarves are more a casual and fashionable accessory- like a large bib necklace, and not so much a proper lady neck adornment! I'm loving it! Maybe I can use the ladies who paved the way for working women as inspiration for my work inspired looks. Stay tuned as that will be a challenge within this challenge! Weekend ensembles:




  1/5/13
Jeans- Forever 21
Boots- Old Navy
T-shirt- Old Navy
Cardigan- Nordstrom Rack
Scarf- Amazon.com :-)
Bangles- courtesy of Allie's closet cleaning!
Earrings- Simply Very by Vera Wang by Kohl's
























1/6/13 (------->)
Jeans-7 for all Mankind (Nordstrom)
Top- Gap thermal
Scarf- Kohl's
Belt- Old Navy online
Boots- Old Navy
Earrings- Lia Sophia

Until tomorrow...
J

No comments: