Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 10- Casual Americana

There's just something about a chambray shirt that screams classic American attire. It makes me think of the kind of America that you see portrayed in a Ralph Lauren ad! Ha! I'm so glad that these classic denim shirts are making a resurgence. In my opinion, they were never out, but they haven't been trendy in a while either. Of course when you are looking for something to add to your closet, you can never find it. I'd been on the hunt for a cool/cute chambray shirt in just the right color and fit for a while. I came across this one in a consignment store that my step mom, Deb and I go to each time I visit in Scottsdale, AZ. I have found some great treasures there! I love going to good quality consignment/second hand stores, because it helps breathe new life into clothing that someone felt had already served its purpose. It's also kinder to the planet and lightens our carbon foot print! I am still desperate to find some good consignment places here in the DC area- so far not much luck. We've got really high end second hand stores (like "oh wow- what a good deal for that top- it's only $495.00. In Bloomingdale's it's be at least $800.00!" no thank you!) and then the good will-type thrift stores where prices are low, but quality can be too. If anyone out there reading (mostly a small smattering of my good friends) knows of any good second hand stores with good quality AND good bargains, please let me know!

Today's ensemble:
Shirt-  My Sister's Closet (consignment store, Scottsdale, AZ)
Skirt- Old Navy
Belt- Old Navy
Shoes- Old Navy (they are wedges-brown and yellow)
Jewelry- necklace and earrings both Daisy Fuentes from Kohls. It's hard to see the detail, but they are hammered yellow gold in color/texture. Gold bangles- a gift from my good friend, Allie during her moving purge!


So, I'm still under the weather (darn summer cold!), but won't be laying low this weekend. Fun stuff is happening. I'll be able to share some normal weekend wear with you! ;-)

Until tomorrow...
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the casual Friday look - always looking for new ideas for the office. Sometimes it's more of a challenge to "dress down" but still look sassy, classy and fun! The wedges are awesome!!