Thursday, August 30, 2012

The End is Near!

No no, not the end of the world, silly, the end of the NORA project! At least the August version. Moving forward, I like the *ring* that title has to it, so I may continue to use it to identify my fashion challenges. I mentioned yesterday the top possibilities of what I might do in September. So...we'll see!! I have a nice long weekend to mull it over. I will probably still post my outfits this weekend, but since I'm kinda off the "no repeat" hook, I may wear something you've seen.  I DO know that as we move into Sept, no matter what I challenge myself with, I will continue to post my outfits and fashion adventures/epiphanies on here most days, if not every day! It has really been fun if for no other reason than to keep track of my outfits for my own memory! If you're out there reading, possibly being inspired, then that is just icing on the cake!

As I've been doing this challenge, I've been looking at other fashion blogs for comparison (and general inspiration-there are some fashion blogs I've been following for a while). I do not consider myself a pro-blogger by any stretch of the imagination. However, even though I'm not planning to make this my livelihood, I've noticed some ways that I can make things a bit more polished. I'm thinking of investing in a new camera. Possibly one that catches patterns and colors better. I've also thought about taking a photography class just to get ideas for how to pose and what settings to use on the camera. I am currently a push and shoot gal. Also, my office background is kinda awful. It's the only place that I've found that I can get a full body shot with the auto timer. There usually isn't anyone here when I arrive to take my shots for me (or no one I want to bother for a pre-work photo shoot!) At home, I haven't found ANY space where I can set up the camera and get a full shot, so I'll have to keep working on that one. Hubby takes my weekend shots, but he's long gone by the time I get up and am heading out for work. Bear with me as I try to spruce things up a bit. I still plan to just keep this simple and frill-free, but with some minor tweaks to make things a bit easier to look at...kinda like botox instead of a full face lift! ;-)

Today's ensemble:

Skirt- TJ Maxx- brand One Clothing
Top- Old Navy
Shoes- (you can probably guess) LC by Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Bracelet-Lia Sophia
Earrings- Lia Sophia
Necklace- Premier Design

Until tomorrow....
J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No - say it's NOT over!! This has been such a fun month of viewing and reading your thoughts!! Good luck with keeping it going.

Corn y Matt said...

I'd love to help fake photos... if I could just get my butt to work on time ; ). I'm totally inspired!!

Corn y Matt said...

*take*. Omg!!

Jessy Mack said...

Ha ha "fake"! I was wondering...I thought maybe you were thinking of a grand illusion photoshoot! ;-)